Saturday 30 April 2011

Finally...

Well, I thought the day would never come, but here we are. I'm at the hardware store, waiting on the saw man, to take this last panel (£10) and turn it into 2 main panels that I can cut for the sides and some off cuts for the kickboard, top pieces, etc.

20110430-104259.jpg

And after the saw...



20110501-092519.jpg

And after a couple of hours of cutting and drilling, I end up with the below. Note the kick board, and I've removed the transparent panel at the top. A difficult decision for me, as I spent a long time designing the logo, and getting it printed on vinyl, but it's oversized for this new cabinet, and since replacing the pc guts with an old laptop (higher spec, better performance) I no longer have a 12v supply to drive the light in the marquee.



20110501-091743.jpg

Jobs still to do: paint new panels, replace 1UP and 2UP buttons with proper icon ones, install 12v supply and do something about the marquee, replace speakers (interference and heat on current ones) - I think that's it.

UPDATE: panels painted...



20110501-190659.jpg

I've got the bug again now - maybe I'll start a new project? :-). I fancy an ultra small unit (small bartop, one player) with maybe a Tron-type flight-stick with trigger or a trackball or maybe a driving unit?

1 comment:

  1. Los vinilos BARTOP consiguen una decoración muy similar a las de las antiguas recreativas ARCADE. Lo mejor es que los vinilos BARTOP pueden adaptarse a las medidas que solicite cada cliente.

    ReplyDelete