Thursday 12 August 2010

Finished the speaker panel

I'm afraid the photos are few and far between now.  I mounted the speakers on the speaker panel so that their centres were over the drilled hole patterns.

Attached the monitor panel to the control panel in the usual way:



I added some sides to the speaker panel, added the top, and put the marquee I made from the mark I arcade machine on the front of the speaker panel.

I have some of those cold cathode tubes from eBay (<£10) that people use to "bling" their PC cases, and have mounted these behind the marquee to provide the backlight.



Speaker/Marquee section done.

Mounted on top of the monitor section - done.

Smashed carefully extracted the power button and hard disk activity led from the front of the PC case.  I don't know about you, but I find that blinking light so reassuring when I turn a computer on, and like to see it flashing like mad if I've pressed something and the computer seems to be stuck.  I wired the power button up to my remaining arcade button that I've saved since I acquired the controls, and used some Cat5E cable to placed them in the marquee/speaker section for now, until I decide where I want them permanently.

Roughly and quickly wired everything up and turned it on:



Well blow me down, it actually works - I haven't cross wired anything and none of it caught fire - a first for me.

Drilled some holes in the back of the PC case bit so that I can put a 4-gang extension lead inside the case so that only 1 plug comes out, and also for a network cable.  Once I fasten all this together, I need to be able to manage it remotely, although I do still have access to my keyboard and mouse in the control panel section (see earlier posts for details)

That's about it for now.  Need to put some sides on at some point in the near future, but for now, here's some photos to keep you drooling.



1 comment:

  1. Appreciative to you for sharing such a Very informative post! by then in a general sense Visit Here vinilos BARTOP

    ReplyDelete