Tuesday 5 February 2008

And the weekend brought rain...

The weekend came and with it came the rain - it has rained for days now, and the rain is dampening my enthusiasm to work on the cab.

I set about breaking apart the PC I have into the components I want to install in the cab and those that are superfluous.  However, the PC I have is a branded one, not a home brew, and as such, the connections and positions of everything in the PC case are very specific to that PC.  After much head scratching, I decided to put it all back together again and install the whole "PC in it's case" in the cab - this raises a few new challenges, such as "will it all now fit?" as this cab has been very specifically designed to take up the minimum of room in my house.

A wasted day? Perhaps, but I did spend a couple of hours playing on what I have so far with the kids, hooked up to the "out of cab PC" and they love it. Plus I've learned a lot about how/where I will do the later PC installation.  So, no. Not wasted. Just not as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment