Tuesday 29 January 2008

A lot of Java, and a little woodwork...

Today I spent about 5/6 hours working on the software available at gMame@Sourceforge - although I haven't uploaded my changes as they are part way through.  I'm trying to add a lot more error handling so that the new user is not put off by odd error messages just trying to get the thing started.

I'm trying to get to grips with CVS (the version control stuff) so that I can keep my up to date working copy at sourceforge instead of a number of memory stick.

Tonight, when I got it, I had half an hour to install the marquee and the speaker panel, then offered the monitor panel back in.  As pointed out in a previous post, I've finished the monitor panel too early - I need to unpick it all and pass it back over the table saw to get the right angles top and bottom.

Next time I get some time on the project (hopefully Thursday morning) I'll either do the electronics work, or get the monitor panel angled and installed, or hopefully both.

A picture of everything in place (monitor just positioned not installed) to get your appetites wet...

Cabinet as at 29/01/08

1 comment:

  1. Gain your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

    Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP-BY-STEP instructions, photos and diagrams to make every project very easy!

    ReplyDelete