Friday 18 January 2008

Pretty Pictures


gMAME Marquee Logo

I'm lucky that my brother is a printer, and is able to print any artwork I want onto sticky-backed vinyl of any shape and size up to 2m (~6'6") by any length.

Firstly the marquee - I've spent some time surfing the web looking at marquee artwork and not really finding something I like, so, whilst I'm busy doing everything from scratch, why not make my own marquee?

I've used GIMP to create a marquee that I like (above) by generating three layers of blue fire, downloading a free font from 1001 free fonts called DueDate and writing the word M.A.M.E. over the top - on reflection, I should have written gMAME (my friends call me G so everything I make or do is G - like my mobile phone (gPhone) my car (gMobile) - you get the idea?!)

I have an idea that I'd really like a large Ken and Ryu (from Street Fighter) on either side of my cabinet - I'll have to do some more surfing or see if I can commission someone to draw this on the cheap. If not, I'll have to do a collage of popular arcade images, characters, logos, etc. or do some more interesting things with the blue fire I've become rather fond of.

No comments:

Post a Comment